A Joyous Holiday

On 20th December 2019 school had ended and holiday began, after a long run of seriously strenuous labor and Exertion, students finally  have our break. The weather was ominous as the Seasons Shifts from hot and cloudy to gloomy and wet. Everyone was quick to let go of the weigh off their shoulder and tend to their desired need. And some still clinging to their disappointment , of the year they had thought would be better. 

Coming out of school I had high expectations for the holidays, I had planned things I wanted to do , cuisines I would like to try, people i would hang out with.
And also to stop using the phone so much and occasionally going out to Exciting places.
our small family of 6 would often spend the holiday to visit our grandparents and family. This holiday my parents had planned to go visit my grandparents from my father's side in Malang, my father insisted that we take the train instead of flying since the price of flights were Expensive.
It would take at least 3 hours to get to Malang on an airplane and 13 hours by train.

Honestly , the only difference in taking the train is the longer travel time which I had no problem with, i could easily disperse the 13 hour long ride by reading books and sleeping.We took the economy class which had a very generous leg room. The seats could be turned around from the usual facing position and reclined to almost 180 degree angle. Because our seats were adjacent, we turned our seats facing each other.

In malang we went to the hills to swim , then we went to a food court in a mall which had deliciously diverse food, some I hope my hometown would have.

Once we got home from malang our parents sent us to recite in the local mosque, we recited and prayed there for a few days.

Our siblings came to have a family gathering , the cooks in the family boiled and Barbequed for everyone. I consider myself contributing by finishing the leftovers.

The holiday was soon coming to an end and my relatives needed to go home before school starts, I had to take them home because our driver was out, I drove to Cimahi and drop them off at their houses and went back home.
I'm very Glad to have been able to spend my holiday with my relatives. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Debate - the internet has reduced our capacity to work deeply

Plans for the World tournament 2019